I was thinking that I'd probably make it through a whole month without any updates, but we're watching the State of the Union and it's getting me all sorts of annoyed, so here goes.
Where have I been? Working, working, and more working. I'm extremely disillusioned with my job right now, but we're gearing up for the year's major conference and I feel like I don't have time to even think about getting another job. There's no place for me to go right now, so I'm concentrating on just getting by and trying not to let the general shitty mood get me down every day. It's a job. It's a job that pays better than Starbucks. I need to accept that.
Right now, the days are pretty much filled with back to back meetings. Last week, I had 3 days of meetings from 8 a.m. - 7 p.m. and then one "team dinner." I have no idea when I'm expected to get my work done, but I'm not getting a free pass for all of those meetings. Bitch, bitch, bitch.
On the good side:
* My new writing class is awesome. We have six new pages due every week on a number of different topics, and I have one long manuscript due on Feb. 7. I'm thinking of combining my "Fantasy of Being Thin" piece with a piece I did on my Weight Watchers sucks the bag. It still feels fucking exhilirating to be writing again.
* My injury is almost healed. I've started running again, and completed 3 miles at my old pace for the first time in a month last week. I'm hoping to get up to 5 miles and do the short version of this post wedding.
* I was the liturgist at church this weekend. I have no idea how to talk about church without sounding like some sort of religious fantatic Jesus Freak, so I'll just say that I enjoy it; it keeps me sane; and it helps put everything else in perspective.
* Wedding shit is coming along. We ordered our invitations last night. My mom is doing the flowers. We're buying the MG a dress soon. Cake has been ordered and we're doing the meal tasting this week.
* Upcoming vacations. We'll be in New Hampshire in a few weeks for skiing and tubing, and YG's super secret birthday trip at the end of the month. As of today, YG has only one month left in his 30s. I will be buying him a cardigan sweater and velcro shoes to celebrate.
* Awesome new stuff in the fatosphere. First, a new Fat Rant. Then, the piece in The New York Times that was actually fair. And some great posts, as usual, over at Shapely Prose including this and this. I'm so not there yet in terms of full acceptance, but I cannot tell you how much of a life changer these blogs have been.
* LOST! Bitchez, how psyched are you?
I guess that's about it for now. I was going to bitch about how jack shit hasn't changed since one year ago with the Democrats' victory and the combat boots and whatnot, but I'm feelin' okay right now.