Long week. I left work around 3 and am logged in from home and it feels like a monster luxury. A couple of things:
* Still processing the events of earlier in the week.
* Am so happy that all my TV is back on: Lost, Grey's Anatomy, Gilmore Girls, etc. Now I don't have to pretend that I'm a cultural elitist anymore. I can just sink into my couch with my beer and guacamole and be happy.
* The new Yo La Tengo is REALLY good.
* Work. Still like the job, but had a crazy few days with trying to finalize two press releases after being out of the office for 3 days.
* I ALWAYS feel guilty when I take time off of work, even when it's vacation. Even when it's something awful like a family funeral and a divorce. I have no idea what this is about -- I've just always been this way. On my return, I got an email from UNNAMED PARTY reminding me that I should send "updates" to people so they "wouldn't think I dropped the ball." WTF? I still checked email. I let everyone know I was going to be out. I shot off a hasty (and uber snotty) reply and then went to fume outside for a bit. UNNAMED PARTY later half-heartedly apologized, but the whole thing left a bad taste in my mouth.
* And then I feel guilty about even mentioning that here because UNNAMED PARTY is really not bad, and I have a pretty good gig and people seem to like me so....
* That being said, it made me really paranoid about leaving early these past few days. And my friend, M, is in town staying with me and I really wanted to take a day off and spend time with her, but was conflicted about it. :-(
* We're going out tonight.
* I'm going with YG to some family function to meet his extended family. Am brainstorming the perfect outfit. Something of the "she's very polished and classy, yet I can see very nice cleavage" genre.
* I had WW weigh in on Wed. I gained 1.5 lbs in one weekend with my family.
* I plan to be drunk A LOT this weekend.
* I plan on praying that doesn't cause any more bloat.