Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Things I Am Thinking About

It's been pretty hectic at work lately so I haven't had time to update. I've also been spending some time on other writing projects and a comms project that I'm doing for the church, so I'm doing my best to prioritize. As much as the 2.5 people who actually read this blog miss me when I'm gone, I tend to push this project toward the bottom of the list.

But for tonight, all work projects are done and I've finished a run and YG is in, of all places, Whippany for the night, so I've got some free time.

Watching:
I've been watching Tell Me You Love Me. It is so, so good and really well acted, but also terrifying at the same time. It should be included on some large "Things Not to Watch in Your First Year of Marriage" list.

We put Freaks and Geeks on our Netflix list. YG had never seen it, so we watched the first three episodes together. Again, so well done, but really, really uncomfortable. I never, ever want to relive high school.

Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog. It's not free anymore, but worth the download. And how cute is Doogie?

Listening:
Nothing. Seriously folks, what should I be listening to? My music is still stuck in 1994.

Reading:
I finally finished Suite Francaise and get what my brother wrote about the appendix breaking your heart. I hate to say that I didn't love the book, but that it did get me thinking about all the ways war could influence every day living, a luxury that we Americans have and don't often have to think about.

I also started Maybe Baby: 28 Writers Tell the Truth About Skepticism, Infertility, Baby Lust, Childlessness, Ambivalence, and How They Made the Biggest Decision of Their Lives and so far, it's decent. I don't remember when or why I bought it. I think maybe because it was edited by Lori who I "knew" from Indiebride. Either way, it seems relevant now as we try and work out our baby-making schedule. I've wanted to have kids for a long time, and a lot of the issues in my first marriage stemmed from my seething resentment over that not really being a viable option. Now that I'm thinking and talking about it for reals, I am suddenly overwhelmed by terror and this idea that I am the ONLY person in the entire universe absolutely not qualified for the job. I hear this is normal. * roll eyes*

Off to:
Illinois this weekend to hang out with friends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I recently read The Road and didn't love it. I think this means I might be burned at the stake.