Thursday, January 08, 2009

Watching (Or Why I'm Afraid of Maternity Leave)

YG and I are sitting on the couch watching Fear -- that piece of awesome from 1996 starring Marky Mark and Reese Witherspoon. I am trying to explain to him why this is a piece of cinematic greatness. Let me count the ways:

1. Hello? Marky Mark.
2. The "your parents are divorced and your dad has a new family so you will pick an abusive boyfriend" plot line.
3. The roller coaster finger puppets. Classy.
4. The "I'm going to take your virginity by breaking into your house and waking you up with my penis" scene.
5. Alyssa Milano.
6. Marky Mark beats himself in the chest repeatedly with the crazy eyes.
7. "Nicole 4 Eva" carved on the same chest.

It's so bad, it's brilliant. But, see, this is what happens when I have some responsibility for evening planning and meals. We're sitting on the couch eating leftovers out of plastic containers watching Fear. When YG is in charge, there is a meal "plan" that sometimes includes vegetables. I really fear for what's going to happen to us when I'm on leave. 3 months of Lean Cuisine and a steady diet of Jerry Springer? I'm worried.

1 comment:

Brian said...

Perhaps an ordinary response to this post would be nodding in concern, but it really makes me want to see this movie.