Or, your mid-thirties.
I know that I am old because when I was asked what I wanted for my birthday the other day (a particularly hellish day with hot sweaty weather and car repairs and another fucking tooth coming in for Z), I spat out, "I just a want a few hours where NOBODY ELSE IS TOUCHING ME!" Goodbye roofies, crack and hookers. Hello, mommyhood.
Fortunately, I got my wish. AND IT WAS AWESOME. Chronological details of my day:
* Slept late. 8:15 a.m.!
* YG took the girls to church, and I played hooky, catching up on Project Runway and the "special edition" of Glamour Dos and Don'ts. Starting the year off on an intellectual high note.
* Rode my bike for the first time in over two years. Mem Drive is closed on Sundays, so I just circled back and forth along the Charles and remembered why I love living in Cambridge.
* Spent an hour at Diesel writing and drinking Rasberry Lime Rickeys.
* Ended my NO TOUCHING hours and met up with YG and the girls.
* Hiked Walden Pond. Ate prosciutto.
* Came back home and watched The Sound of Music with Z. Sang Climb Every Mountain with feeling.
* Gave Z a bath. I could leave out the part where she shit in the tub, as 'hold a turd' was not high on my to-do list for my birthday, but I will not.
* Risotto and red wine on the porch.
* Cupcakes and presents.
A pretty awesome day, made even more so by all the phone calls and texts and Facebook posts. And another day off tomorrow.