Thursday, March 12, 2009

Yesterday: When The Mainstream Media Gets It Right

Newsweek ran this story, Five Mistakes We Make When We Talk About Rihanna, yesterday. I don't know who Chris Brown is and I didn't know anything about Rihanna other than the umbrella song and her Cover Girl commercials, but I've been watching the coverage of their domestic dispute, horrified. I can't believe how many people are just blowing this off and saying that people should give the dude a break. This story puts it in perspective. Do NOT read the comments section if you want a break from douchebaggery.

Also, in other media news, my serious crush on our President has not abated. A White House Council on Women and Girls? Lurve.



Also, thankful for Feministing because I probably would not be following all these stories without them.

No comments: