Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Department of Random: Presences and Premonitions

Two things:

1. I was upset about giving up the armoire because it's followed me and my grandparents around for so long. I was out the morning the buyer came to pick it up, but YG assured me that it was a very nice older woman who was very excited to have it. When they were moving it, the woman and her helper removed the drawers and left behind a couple of random tags and receipts that were still stuck in there. I went to throw them out later, and noticed writing on one. It said, "Douglas, 1952, 3 years old," and on the other side was a picture of my dad as a little boy, wearing some sort of cowboy hat. I have never seen that photo before, in albums or around my grandparents' apartment. I have no idea how long it was in there, how many moves it survived, when it was placed there. Finding it made me...happy.

2. YG and I have picked out names for Z2. I keep thinking this is a boy. I don't know why, but it just feels that way. I should mention that I was about 99% sure that Zygote was a boy as well, so obviously, my feelings don't add to much. I was driving around the other day when an obscure song from the 60s came on the radio, one of those songs about a girl who is groovy and swell and all those other funny 60s words. I had a feeling it was a sign. Girl, maybe?

No comments: