On the subject of petulant little shits -- A-Rod. I was prepared to rant and rave again, but I just read (arghh...no YES network SUCKS) that he was the one that won the game today. You get a reprieve, my friend. Just for today.
Baseball theme, but unrelated -- Baskin Robbins' "triple play" flavor ice cream is AWESOME.
- My sister met David Hasslehoff. For reals. He wanted to come buy pots and pans at her place of bidness, but had his agent call her friend at work and arrange for a visit to his new show. He did not bring Kobie.
- Job still good. Not enough time to mess around on the Internet, though.
- Life still good.
- Days without Tivo -- ouch. I can't believe I'm actually missing Janice Dickinson Modeling Agency.
- Reading -- Get to Work: A Manifesto for Women of the World. Slate covers it here. She's a bit of a nut, but makes some great points.
- Listening to -- the new Beth Orton. Meh.
- Participating in -- another CD exchange. This is the BEST project I've ever done, and I get so much cool music. My fave discovery by way of a friend in Scotland [via Australia] is The Whitlams. You should be listening to them.
- The funny things kids say. YG's daughter, while watching me get changed -- from my work clothes and underwear one wears under work clothes to avoid the dreaded VPL into my "play tag outside" clothes -- said "what's wrong with your underpants?" Followed by something about why would you want to have a wedgie on purpose. Hee. What's wrong with my underpants, indeed.
- Everyone I know is pregnant. Including now one of my best friends from high school. Yay to healthy babies everywhere.
- A note about my finger. Remember gross finger? Yeah, it got infected and should have been stitched. And turned green...and then I thought I had gangrene and vowed to stop the "I don't need a doctor, I can take care of it myself" brand of healthcare I practice. We'll see how long this lasts. I now know, though...skin not supposed to be green.
- I am more interesting than this, really. I think of things to write during the day and then I promptly forget them. Anyway...